Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Passive Agression

If there's one thing I hate, it's people who say one thing and do another. I'm not talking about something like saying you'll take out the trash and then forgetting it on your way out; people are entitled an oversight or two once in awhile. What really pisses me off--to NO fucking end--is for someone to lie to your face just because they don't have the balls to speak the truth. I know everybody lies, and I think that is sometimes okay to lie, if the lie doesn't hurt another person and if there is a greater good to be had by not telling the truth. It's different, however, when you lie for selfish reasons or, indeed, for no reason at all. 

I don't have a working car at the moment, so I've been spending a lot of money for cabs so I can get to the grocery store, pay bills, etc. Sometimes I'm able to ask a friend for a ride in exchange for some gas money. There is a guy who lives in my apartment complex who has given me a few rides here and there; up until today, he was pretty decent about it. I've been trying to get to the post office for several days now and, since I don't really have the money to pay for a cab to wait outside for however long it takes for me to handle my business in there (the post office tends to be very busy), I figured I'd ask him if he'd drive me up there if I offered him ten bucks. I knocked on his door this afternoon and asked him, to which he replied, "Yeah, just give me a minute to get ready and I'll take you". He said that he would pull up to my apartment and honk the horn when he was ready. So I went back to my apartment and waited. And waited. 

An hour passed, and I was losing precious time before the post office would close yet again, postponing an already tardy errand another day. I went around and knocked on the door again. No answer. His car was still there, so I figured he had to be home, so I knocked again. Still no answer. I decided to call a cab, since there was still forty-five minutes left for me to get to the post office. I called, and they told me that it would be about twenty minutes before they could get here. I told them not to bother then, because I didn't want to pay for them to drive me up there only to find that I couldn't get in so close to closing time. So here I am, pissed off and extremely aggravated at the fact that I'm still holding the package I was supposed to have sent yesterday, and the prospect of getting it in the mail tomorrow is dismal at best. As for my lousy disposition at the moment, maybe I'll get lucky and a meteor will hit my apartment building and take away my gloom, as well as the lying sonofabitch that is responsible for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment